This recipe is really simple and it’s also vegetarian. For some that having ‘trouble’ deciding whether they like the taste of quinoa or not, this would be a great introduction recipe for those first-timers.
1/4 cup cooked quinoa-follow the instructions (I also added a pinch of salt, dried parsley and chili flakes during the cooking process)
1 inch ginger
1 clove garlic
1/2 carrot- diced
1/2 potato- diced
A handful of cauliflower- cut into small pieces
1 medium tomato- diced
2-3 Shiitake mushrooms
1 kaffir lime leaf
1/2 lime juice
1 bird’s eye chili- crushed
Salt and pepper
3- 3 1/2 cups of water
1. Pound ginger, garlic and shallot together
2. Add water to pot and boil it. Add the ginger, garlic and shallot mix in it too.
3. Then add diced potato in. Let it cook for 1-2mins. Then add the rest of the veggies, lime leaf and chili, then cook for 3-5mins (turn down the heat a little bit).
4. Add salt, pepper, cooked quinoa and lastly lime juice. Have a quick stir and ready to serve.
5. Garnish with extra cilantro on top. Enjoy.