I got this recipe from my Italian neighbor. She taught me on how to do simple Italian dishes.. Yum!
This bruschetta is light and easy to make. In fact, you can prepare the veggie mix topping a day ahead coz it will give more flavor to it! This bruschetta is great for breakfast, snack or even a simple lunch or dinner.
2 ripe tomatoes – diced
1/4 capsicum – diced
A handful of basil leaves- roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic- finely chopped
3 Tbs of lemon juice or juice of 1/2 lemon
3 Tbs of olive oil
A dash of distilled vinegar
4 Pcs of wholemeal bread ( you can use any bread)
Low Fat Cheese/ Parmesan cheese
(You can add diced red onions if you like)
1. Toast 4 pcs of wholemeal bread in your toaster
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients well (except for cheese) and marinate for 5-10mins (overnight is the best!)
3. Once toast is ready its best to rub them with garlic clove while they are still hot.. But you can skip this if you want (I couldn’t be bothered to do it 😜). I also like to cut my bread in half into triangle shape.
4. Spread veggie mix onto the toasts (drain excess liquid. You can use it for salad dressing) and lastly put a thinly sliced Parmesan cheese on top.
5. Bake it at 200C for 10-15mins until cheese melts. Enjoy!
You can also put chicken pieces as well. Enjoy it while its still hot & bread is crispy coz it will become soggy when it’s cold.
Calories: Approx. 250kcal per serving (2 slices of bread)