This salad is one of my favorite Asian inspired salads. If you love the Tom Yum flavor, you would definitely dig this recipe.
It’s great to eat it by its own or together with rice. I just love the tangy spicy flavor that reminds me of home.
200g of squid tubes (3-4 squids)
2 lemon grass bulb (finely sliced)
Juice of 1/2 a Lime
2 kaffir Lime leaves (finely chopped)
1 Bird’s eye chili (finely sliced)
1/2 red chili (finely chopped)
1/2 shallot (finely chopped or blended)
1 Tbs olive oil
1 garlic clove (crushed)
Cooked Asparagus (boiled)
Salad leaves and tomatoes
1) Cut the squid in half and score it.
2) Get a zipper bag put all the ingredients in including the squid.
3) Shake the bag well and marinate it for 20-30minutes.
4) While waiting for the squid to marinate, you can boil your asparagus in boiling water first. Once cooked, put aside in a cold water to stop the cooking process. Get your green salad and tomatoes ready on a plate.
5) Heat up a non-stick pan and get the marinated squid ready.
6) Drain the liquid from the bag but leave the herbs behind. Pour it into the hot pan.
7) Stir for a minute and add the cooked asparagus. Stir in for another a minute or two. The squid should curled up when it’s cooked.
8) Pour the squid over your prepped salad. Best served with rice. Enjoy!