This is one of my favorite light meals. It’s simple, fresh, delicious and healthy. I’d normally cook the black pepper beef in advance and use the leftovers to make this rolls.
Here is the recipe:
Rice paper rolls
Vermicelli noodles (cooked)
Black Pepper Beef (cooked, leftovers)
Hot/warm water in a shallow plate
4 Tbs Hoisin sauce
2 Tsp peanut butter (coarse)
4 Tbs hot water
1. Pour a bit of hot water into a shallow plate.
2. Take a piece of rice paper roll sheet and place it in the water for about 5-8secs. Remove the sheet gently and put onto a dry flat plate/cutting board.
3. Start assembling your roll by putting the ingredients onto the roll (not too much). Then, fold sides of the rice paper sheet and start rolling.
4. Sauce: Put hoisin sauce, peanut butter and hot water in a bowl. Heat it up in the microwave for about 1min. Then stir vigorously until ingredients dissolved and well mixed together.
5. Dip your rolls into sauce. Enjoy!
Black Pepper Beef:
300g of beef stir fry
1 Tbs of Kicap Manis
1/2 Tsp of black pepper
1 crushed garlic
1/2 Tsp olive oil
1. Mix everything and fry in heated pan until cooked through.
Calories: Approx. 70-90kcal per roll (hard to say coz depends on how much your filling is)