Being healthy doesn’t have to be boring. Even though this recipe is a ‘healthier’ version of the original Banana Bread recipe but its still quite delicious to me. This Banana Yogurt & Walnut Bread is great for breakfast and also as a snack. You can keep it in the fridge for freshness for about a week or even longer in the freezer.
It’s great to have it with coffee or tea. Perhaps spread your favorite peanut butter or almond butter on it!
1 3/4 cups of whole wheat flour (called atar flour in Malaysia)
2/3 cup of dark brown sugar
1 Tsp baking powder
1/2 Tsp baking soda
3 medium sized bananas (mashed)
140ml natural yogurt
2 small eggs
A pinch of cinnamon powder
1/2 cup of walnuts
2 Tbs desiccated coconut
1 Tbs raisins
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Sift flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder & baking soda in a big bowl. Make a big well in the middle.
3. Add sugar, yogurt, eggs and mashed bananas in the well.
4. Beat up the wet ingredients in the middle for 2mins and mix the dry ingredients together for about 2mins.
5. Fold in nuts & coconut in the batter. Leave few nuts aside.
6. Pour batter in a non-stick loaf pan & scatter walnuts and raisins on top.
7. Bake for 35-40mins. Let cool and slice. Enjoy!
Calories: Approx. 120kcal per slice