Looking for a healthy snack for your sweet tooth? Fear no more! This is my healthy version of Snickers bar, it low in calories and very super delicious!!
Great for snaking between meals and pre/post workouts. Isn’t it great?!
Here is the recipe:
Oats: 2 Tbs
Walnuts : 1/4 cup roughly chopped
Desiccated coconut: 2 Tbs
Almonds : 1/4 cups
Peanut butter : 1 heap Tbs
Sunflower seeds: 2 Tbs
Honey : 1 Tbs
Raisins : 2 Tbs
Cocoa Powder : 2 Tbs
Raw dark chocolate : 100g
Peanuts: 1/3 cups
1. Put aside few bits of roughly chopped nuts for later.
2. Blend all base ingredients in food processor until sticky. Then put into a bowl.
3. Mix the roughly chopped nuts to the mixture.
4. Spread mixture into a square container evenly ( 1cm thickness).
5. Refrigerate for at least 2hrs until set.
6. Once set, cut into bars. You can enjoy it just like that as an energy bar but go to next step to make the Snickers bar version.
7. Melt dark chocolate in double boiler or in microwave for 30secs and keep stirring until it melts.
8. Layer peanuts on top of each bar and pour melted chocolate over it or dip in into the chocolate.
9. Keep in fridge for at least 30mins to set. Enjoy!!
Calories: Approximately 140kcal for each bar (1cm thickness, length 4 inches)